We all know how crazy our feline friends will go for tuna. This is why we have brought you a recipe to make your very own tasty tuna treats at home and forever have their attention.
These treats are perfect for any cat and owner. They are quick and very easy to make.
They are also grain and dairy free, so these treats will be suitable for all palates!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes||Varies|
In This Blog:
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Tin Of Tuna (In Water, Not Brine) Drained.
- 1 Tablespoon Of Tuna Water.
- 1-2 Tablespoons Of Flour.
- 75g Whole Wheat Flour.
- First, you will need to preheat your oven to 180C/ 160C Fan Gas Mark 4.
- Drain your tuna thoroughly but remember to save 1 tablespoon of the water. Then place your tuna, tuna water and egg into a blender and mix.
- Once this is mixed thoroughly, add your flour, and continue to blend until this is all mixed together without any lumps.
- Place the mixture onto a flour-covered surface and use a rolling pin to flatten to a desired thickness. We recommend 1.8 inches.
- This is where you can become creative. You can either cut them into circles or squares. Or you can purchase this cool mini cookie-cutter from amazon to make your treats look just like a Tuna fish!
- Once you have cut your cookies out, place them on a baking tray with baking paper, making sure there is enough space between each cookie to allow them to rise.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before feeding them to your lucky cat. By storing these treats in an airtight container, they will remain fresh for up to 10-14 days.
I hope your feline friend enjoys these treats and that you enjoyed making them! Check out our other blogs for more festive recipes.